About Hearing Tests for Children
Children aged three years and over can have hearing test with our audiologist No doctor’s referral is required! It is important that your child get an annual hearing test to ensure they are hearing within the normal range.
Does Your Child Need a Hearing Test?
Here are some indicators that you should bring your child to Whisper Audiology for a hearing test:
- Delayed and/or inappropriate speech recognition
- Frequent ear infections (earaches)
- People have to raise their voice consistently to get their attention
- They turn their head so that one ear is facing the direction of the sound
- They talk in a noticeably soft or loud voice
- They turn the radio or television up
- They respond inconsistently to sounds
- They confuse sounds that sound alike
- They frequently ask for things to be repeated
- They often answer a question with an unrelated answer
- They don’t pay attention/listen to the teacher
- They seem inattentive at home or at school
Children’s Hearing Aids
Children need the very best help possible when they have hearing loss, especially for their growth. That is why we always offer the very latest hearing solutions to meet their needs. We encourage you to bring your child to our warm and friendly hearing clinic sooner than later to help give them a good start in life.
About Our Assessments
Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby, Beasmsville, St. Catharines and surround area, our licensed and experienced audiologist will complete a comprehensive hearing examination for any age including children and adults.
Whisper Audiology’s comprehensive evaluation will allow the clinician to understand how much of your hearing problem impacts your daily life. The results of the evaluation, along with your preferences will be used to select the best custom fit hearing aid that fits your lifestyle needs. During the fitting process, Live Speech Mapping is used to improve accuracy for each individual fitting and to facilitate the hearing rehabilitation process
What We Offer
- Custom swim plugs
- Musician’s earplugs
- Sleep plugs
- Custom hearing instruments from major manufacturers
- Cleaning, programming and repairs
- Hearing aid batteries
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Flexible hours to meet your needs
- Home visits if you can’t get into the clinic
Can’t get into the clinic? We can come to you!
If you can’t get into Whisper Audiology’s hearing clinic in Stoney Creek, but require a hearing test call us and book an appointment for a house call! Our audiologist will come to your home and perform a complete audiological assessment. When you meet with us, you can rest assured you are in good hands.
Contact Us Today!
Start Hearing Better Tomorrow!
Whether you need a hearing consultation, hearing test, or hearing aid trial fill out the form below and see how fast we get back to you!
If you can’t come into our Hearing Clinic at
621 Barton St. Unit 2 in Stoney Creek (just off the Fruitland exit!) for your appointment, let us know and we can come to you!