About Hearing Tests for Children
Children aged three years and over can have their hearing testing by our audiologist. No doctor’s referral is required! It is important that your child has an annual hearing test to ensure that they are hearing within the normal range.
Does Your Child Need a Hearing Test?
Here are some indicators that you should have your child's hearing tested:
- Delayed and/or inappropriate speech recognition
- Frequent ear infections/ear-aches
- People have to raise their voice consistently to get their attention
- They turn their head so that one ear is facing the direction of the sound
- They talk in a noticeably soft or loud voice
- They turn the radio or television up
- They respond inconsistently to sounds
- They confuse sounds that sound alike
- They frequently ask for things to be repeated
- They often answer a question with an unrelated answer
- They don’t pay attention/listen to their teacher
- They seem inattentive at home or at school
Children's Hearing Aids
It is important to monitor your child's hearing while they are still in the early ages of development. That is why we always offer the very latest hearing solutions to meet their needs. At Whisper Audiology Hearing Clinic, we encourage you to bring your child in to our warm and friendly hearing clinic to get an early start in monitoring their hearing health care. Should your child need amplification or any assistive listening device, we will assist and guide you throughout the entire journey.
About Our Assessments
Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby, Beasmsville, Milton and surrounding areas, our licensed and experienced audiologist will complete a comprehensive hearing examination for any age including children and adults.
Whisper Audiology's comprehensive evaluation will allow the clinician to understand how much of your hearing problem impacts your daily life. The results of the evaluation, along with your preferences will be used to select the best custom fit hearing aid that fits your lifestyle needs. During the fitting process, Live Speech Mapping is used to improve accuracy for each individual fitting and to facilitate the hearing rehabilitation process.
What We Offer
- Custom swim plugs
- Musician’s earplugs
- Sleep plugs
- Custom hearing instruments from major manufacturers
- Cleaning, programming and repairs
- Hearing aid batteries
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Flexible hours to meet your needs
- Home visits if you can’t get into the clinic
Can’t get into the clinic? We can come to you!
If you can’t get into any of our hearing clinics but require a hearing test call us and book an appointment for a house call!
Our audiologist will come to your home and perform a complete audiological assessment. When you meet with us, you can rest assured you are in good hands.