Behind The Ear
The Most Common Hearing Aid Choice
Behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids fit comfortably behind the ear and are connected to mold inside the ear canal. They are slightly larger and more visible than other hearing aid styles but they come in a variety of colors and features.
BTE hearing aids can come in large and small size options. These hearing aids are great because they are easy to use and clean due to their size. They also come in rechargeable options that can be controlled through an application on your smartphone or tablet.
BTE hearing aids are quite powerful and are best for individuals with moderate to severe hearing loss.
Behind-The-Ear Hearing Aid Advantages
This style of hearing aid most common and are typically more affordable. They offer several advantages:
- Easy to use and wear regardless of age and dexterity
- A good option for those with smaller ear canals. Custom earmold with a tight fit
- They are very versatile with different styles, sizes, and colours
- Very powerful therefore good for up to severe to profound hearing loss
- Easier to control the volume manually through the controls on the unit itself, a remote, or an application on your smartphone or tablet
- Bluetooth capability so you can stream phone calls and music from your smartphone or tablet
There are many factors that influence the style of hearing aid that would work best for you. From your everyday lifestyle to leisure activities, the hearing aid will be chosen based on your personal needs. The audiologist will assess your hearing and recommend the best options based on your hearing loss while taking into considering the level of technology, rechargeable vs battery-powered and control of your devices
Is this type of Hearing Aid right for you?
When deciding best hearing aids options for you, the will be assessed by the audiologist based on the following factors:
- The level of hearing loss
- The type of hearing loss
- Whether you have dexterity issues
- Your lifestyle and activities
- Your listening environments
- Whether you experience tinnitus
There are many factors that influence the style of hearing aid that would work best for you. From your everyday lifestyle to leisure activities, the hearing aid will be chosen based on your personal needs. The audiologist will assess your hearing and recommend the best options based on your hearing loss, while taking into consideration the control of your devices, rechargeable vs battery powered, and the level of technology.
Contact us Today!
Whether you need a hearing consultation, hearing test for yourself or a kid’s hearing test, earwax removal, custom earplugs or a FREE hearing aid trial fill out the form below and we will get back to you as quickly as possible!
If you can’t come to any of our Clinics for your appointment, let us know and we can come to you!